Dr Francesco Turci
HH Wills Physics Laboratory
Bristol, BS8 1TL
- July 2014 – today
Senior Postdoctoral Research Associate at the University of Bristol.
Topic: Deeply supercooled liquids and structure.
Project leader: C. Patrick Royall
- Co-supervising the work of PhD and master/bachelor students.
- July 2012 – July 2014
Postdoctoral Fellow in the Theory of Soft Condensed Matter Group, Université du Luxembourg.
Topic: Growth kinetics of solid-liquid interfaces.
Project leader: T. Schilling
- Co-supervising the work of PhD and master/bachelor students.
- October 2009 – July 2012
PhD Thesis in Physics in the Laboratoire Charles Coulomb – UMR CNRS et Université Montpellier 2.
Topic : Transport Models with Constrained Dynamics: Heterogeneous Flow and Intermittency.
Supervisor : E. Pitard
- Mechanics for Chemists and Geophysicists (64 hours × 2 years).
- Newtonian Dynamics for Physicists, Mathematicians and Engineers (64 hours).
- December 2008 – July 2009
Research project at the Physics of the City Laboratory, Physics Department, Bologna University.
Topic : Statistical properties of a dynamic process on networks. Monte Carlo modeling.
Supervisors : A. Bazzani, G. Turchetti.
- January – September 2007 Research project in the frame of the CoChiSe (Cell-on-Chip bioSensor) european programme at ARCES, Bologna University.
Topic : Modelisation of evaporative fluxes for the control of micro-fluidic devices. Experiments and simulations.Supervisors: G. Servizi, D. Gazzola.
- June 2012 – Université Montpellier 2 (France).
Ph.D. thesis Transport Models with Constrained Dynamics: Heterogeneous Flow and Intermittency. Supervisor: E. Pitard.
Jury: C. Appert-Rolland, S. Ciliberto, N. Kern, K. Mallick, A. Parmeggiani, M. Sellitto, C. Vanderzande.
- June 2009 – Bologna University Alma Mater Studiorum (Italy).
Master Degree in Applied Physics: 110/110 cum laude.
- October 2007 – Bologna University Alma Mater Studiorum (Italy).
First Degree in Physics: 110/110 cum laude.
- 2006 – oboe diploma at G. Frescobaldi Conservatory of Music, Ferrara (Italy). Mark: 9/10.
- July 2004 – Scientific Highschool Fulcieri Paulucci de’ Calboli in Forlì (Italy).
Maturità Scientifica : 100/100.
See full list here.
- Napoli, October 2018. Università Federico II. Invited Seminar.
- Nottingham, October 2018. JP Garrahan’s Group. Invited Seminar.
- Montpellier, July 2018. Laboratoïre Charles Coulomb. Invited Seminar.
- Bristol, June 2018. Unifying Concepts of Glass Physics. Talk.
- Amsterdam, April 2018, University of Amsterdam. Invited Seminar.
- Bruxelles, November 2017, ULB. Invited Seminar.
- Edinburgh, September 2017, Thermodynamics 2017. Talk
- Wisla, July 2017, 8th IDMRCS. Invited Talk.
- London, May 2017, King’s College. Department of Mathematics. Invited seminar.
- London, May 2017, Statistical Physics of Complex, Glassy and Non-Equilibrium Systems@KCL . Talk.
- Bath, May 2017, Physics Department. Theory Group Seminar. Invited seminar.
- Utrecht, January 2017, Institute for Theoretical Physics. Invited seminar.
- Amsterdam, February 2017, Van ’t Hoff Institute for Molecular Sciences. Invited seminar.
- Paris, November 2016. LPTMC (UPMC). Invited seminar.
- Mainz, November 2016. Theory and Simulation Group. Invited seminar.
- Durham, November 2016. Soft-Matter Group. Invited seminar.
- Roskilde, September 2016, Glass and Time group. Invited seminar.
- Sheffield, July 2016, NESC’16. Talk.
- London, July 2016, CONES16. Talk.
- Bristol, June 2016, School of Chemistry, Molecular simulation @ Bristol. Invited talk.
- Bristol, April 2016, School of Physics, Theory Seminar. Invited talk.
- Mainz, July 2015, CECAM Workshop on The Role of Structure in Dynamical Arrest. Talk.
- Montpellier, May 2015, Dynamics in Viscous Liquids. Poster.
- Aspen, February 2015, Unifying Concepts in Glass Physics. Poster.
- Lisboa, July 2014, 9th Liquid Matter Conference. Poster.
- Bristol, May 2014, School of Physics. Invited seminar.
- Bayreuth, February 2014, Colloquium on Heterogeneous Nucleation and Microstructure Formation. Poster.
- Marseille, December 2013, Centre de Physique Théorique. Invited seminar.
- Lausanne, May 2013, CECAM Workshop on Heterogeneous Crystallization. Poster.
- Trieste, March 2013, MECO38. Best Poster Award.
- Paris, January 2012, Journées de Physique Statistique. Talk.
- Edinburgh, December 2011, Non-equilibrium Physics and Asymmetric Exclusion Processes. Invited Talk.
- Oldenburg Summer School, August 2011, Modern Computational Science: Simulation of extreme events.
- Paris, June 2011, Itzykson Meeting on Extremes and Records. Poster.
- Paris, January 2011, Journées de Physique Statistique. Talk.
- Beg Rohu Summer School, August 2010. Concepts and Methods of Statistical Mechanics.
- Cargèse, April 2010. Jamming and Rheology. Talk.
Fluent English, Fluent French, Elementary Turkish, Italian mother-tongue.
- Certificates : French C2i1, C2i2e, equivalent to the ECDL + teaching specific topics.
- Development : C/C++, Python, R, Mathematica, Matlab/Octave. Elements of Fortran, Tcl/Tk, Java.
- Simulation and data analysis: LAMMPS, ESPResSo Molecular Dynamics, VMD, Comsol Multiphysics, Matplotlib, Gnuplot, Grace, DataGraph.
- Image processing : Gimp, Pixelmator, Inkscape, OmniGraffle, VectorDesigner, Matlab.
Physical Review E, Physical Review Letters, Journal of Chemical Physics, Journal of Statistical Mechanics.
People to contact for references:
- C. Patrick Royall, HH Wills Physics Laboratory. Paddy.Royall@bristol.ac.uk +44 (0)117 928 7668, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TL, United Kingdom.
- Estelle Pitard. Estelle.Pitard@univ-montp2.fr +33 (0) 4 67 14 49 33 . Laboratoire Charles de Coulomb – UMR Université Montpellier 2-CNRS 5221 – L2C
- Tanja Schilling Tanja.Schilling@uni.lu +352 46 66 44 6970 Université du Luxembourg, Theory of Soft Condensed Matter, 162 a, avenue de la faïencerie, 1511 Luxembourg
- Andrea Parmeggiani. Andrea.Parmeggiani@univ-montp2.fr +33 (0) 4 67 14 32 76 . Dynamique des intéractions membranaires normales et pathologiques -UMR Université Montpellier 2-CNRS 5235 – DIMNP
- Walter Kob. Walter.Kob@univ-montp2.fr +33 (0) 4 67 14 93 26 . Laboratoire Charles de Coulomb – UMR Université Montpellier 2-CNRS 5221 – L2C
- Ludovic Berthier. Ludovic.Berthier@univ-montp2.fr +33 (0) 4 67 14 35 38 . Laboratoire Charles de Coulomb – UMR Université Montpellier 2-CNRS 5221 – L2C
Last updated: February, 2017